Before we hop into the most delicious part of the content, let’s first understand why calcium rich recipes that we are going to share are so important. Why is calcium so essential?
Calcium is crucial for overall health. Almost every cell in our body uses it in some way. Our nervous system, muscles, heart, as well as bones, cannot function properly without it. Calcium also helps to absorb vitamin C and other vital nutrients more efficiently. Thus, calcium boost our immune system as well.
However, as we age, we tend to absorb less and less calcium from our diet, causing our bodies to borrow more and more calcium from our bones. Over time our ageing process leads to issues like osteoporosis.
Nutritionists suggest to include calcium-rich food in our daily diet. Some of the easily accessible calcium-rich foods are milk, cheese and other dairy products.
But if you cannot consume these dairy products directly, here are some creative ways of adding them in your daily diet in the form of tasty yet healthy recipes.
Frozen Yogurt Banana Bites – Easiest Calcium Rich Recipe
It is one of the favorite family treats that brings everyone to the table. It is less in sugar but rich in calcium and protein. You can choose any kind and flavor of yogurt that you love to make this super awesome snack. This is probably the easiest calcium rich recipes out there. Let’s find out how you can make it:
- Bunch ripe banana peeled and sliced in chunks
- 2 cups Greek Yogurt (any flavor)
- Place parchment paper on a cutting board.
- Dry off the banana cubes.
- Carefully dip the bananas in the yogurt. Use a fork to roll it in and then gently lift the banana chunks out of the yogurt. Put it onto a pan.
- Repeat until all the chunks are dipped.
- Allow it to freeze for at least an hour or overnight.
This healthy treat is ready to savour!
Poha Phirni – Quick Calcium Rich Recipes
Poha Phirni a popular North Indian dessert. It is an easy and healthy twist to the traditional Phirni. This dessert is a perfect choice to celebrate any special occasion. It is loaded with calcium, protein, as well as iron and is an excellent choice for women and growing kids. Let’s follow the mouth-watering recipe below:
- 3/4 flatten rich or poha
- 3 cups of milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour dissolved in 2 teaspoon milk
- 1 cup finely chopped mixed dry fruits
- Dry roast the poha in a non-stick pan for about 1 to 2 minutes until it is crisp.
- Switch off the flame and blend the roasted poha to a coarse powder and keep it aside.
- In a deep pan, add milk and sugar together. Cook it in a low flame, continuously stirring.
- Add the coarsely ground poha and mix well. Cook on a low flame for 3 to 4 minutes by stirring continuously.
- Add the cornflour-milk mixture and keep cooking on the medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Once done, switch off the flame and pour the dish on a bowl. Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- In another bowl mix all the dry fruits.
- Remove the Phirni from the refrigerator.
- Add the dry fruits in the serving bowl and then pour the Phirni over it.
You can garnish it with the favorite topping of your choice AND ENJOY!
Holiday Hot Chocolate- The Tastiest of the bunch
You don’t have to wait for winter to enjoy this absolute cup of delight. The goodness of rich and creamy homemade hot chocolate is sure to be an all-time favorite. Let’s hop straight into the recipe below:
- 4 cups of milk
- 200 gm milk chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon unsweetened coach powder
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Whipped cream for serving
- To make this hot cup of happiness, combine all the ingredients in a saucepan, and allow it to come to a gentle simmer.
- Stir well to melt the chocolate and dissolve the sugar.
- Pour it in a cup and serve topped with whipped cream.
Savour every sip with your favourite cookie!
Greek Yogurt Pancakes – The Recipe you must try
The fluffy goodness of greek yogurt pancakes is just a heavenly treat. They are super easy to prepare and are the perfect nutritious breakfast recipe that your whole family will love. Let’s see how you can make it at home.
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoon milk
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- Butter for greasing
- In a large bowl mix eggs, vanilla, and Greek yogurt whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Add oats flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a small bowl and combine.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients well. If you think the batter is too thick, then add a few tablespoons of milk until it reaches the right consistency.
- Heat a non-stick pan and pour 1/4 cup portions of pancake batter onto it.
- Cook in the medium flame until the bubbles start forming and flip the sides.
- Flip and cook for 2 to 4 minutes until golden brown on both sides and it’s done.
Milk Mango Coconut Overnight Oats – The Delightful Addition
Overnight milk mango coconut oats are the perfect meal to kick start your day with. It is a super easy recipe and can be conveniently made in a jar for breakfast on the go. People generally avoid making old fashioned oatmeal as it requires stovetop cooking and continuous stirring. But with overnight oatmeal, we don’t have to worry about that at all. Let’s quickly find out its recipe.
- 1/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped mangoes
- Pinch of salt
- Add rolled oats, milk of your choice, nutmeg, maple syrup mangoes, and salt to a mason jar.
- Seal the jar and shake it for 15 seconds and then refrigerate overnight.
- Eat cold in the morning, or you can either microwave for 1 to 2 minutes until oats are cooked through.
- Top it with more mangoes, unsweetened coconut flakes, or any favorite toppings of your choice.
Hope you like the calcium rich recipes as much as we enjoyed putting this article together
Bonus – Fun facts about Calcium and Calcium Rich Recipes
Note: You can now buy milk online at the comfort of your home and stay safe and healthy
This blog about calcium rich recipes is a narrative of my thoughts. These are my views that I have expressed. Others are most welcome to agree or disagree with the same. The blog is not personally or commercially influenced. I have not lifted, copied or plagiarised it from any source either. However, I have done my due diligence via publicly available information on the internet and as shared by the client/PR agency. All rights reserved.