Ever thought that Hinjewadi Phase II might come up with a quaint place to dine? In the agitated neighbourhood, a new restaurant has come up to provide calmness like a Mediterranean breeze. Ostro located bang opposite Wipro circle will astound you!
Here I narrate my experience
A pleasant Buddha statue with a small artificial waterfall will greet you as you enter. You have two options to pick from either you can opt for AC seating or an al-fresco seating with picturesque
Drinks at Ostro
- Blue breeze: Beautifully presented drink. Refreshing blue color and well suited for the hot summers.
- Mango Mojito: A twist to classic virgin mojito this one was a welcome change. It was so soothing that I ended up gulping down two of these.
- Chilli Corriander: This was the best of the lot. Spicy and tangy drink. Something I will definitely recommend everyone to try.
Food at Ostro
- Murg Lapeta kabab: Served in a clay pot while smoking to give it that extra oomph of charred flavour this definitely got me excited. Unfortunately, the excitement was short lived because the flavours did not live up to the expectation.
- Murg Patiyala: Chicken leg marinated to perfection and cooked in ground spices was a delight.
- Suneri Zhinga: I would recommend this to all the prawns’ lovers out there. Golden crisp prawns cooked to perfection.
- Paneer Tai Pei: Although the paneer chunks were humongous, the marination failed to impress. Prompt feedback was taken and the chef has promised to rectify this issue.
- Butter chicken: Butter Chicken is one of the most popular dishes loved by Indian all around the globe. Butter Chicken here was one of the best if not the best butter chicken in Pune. Thick, rich velvety gravy with tender chicken pieces.
- Thai red curry with steam rice: Knew that this dish is gonna be a hit as soon as I looked at it. Vibrant red gravy served with aromatic rice. This was not just a delight to my taste buds but for my eyes and smell sense as well.
- Rasmalai: One can never go wrong with this classic dessert. Served in a glass it was so delicious that it was over before it reached my dish. Mind you I was sitting third on the table.
tukda: This failed on all fronts. The crust was too hard and the creamy thick milk was low on sugar. Did not like it.
- Madhuram: A new fusion dessert. Rasmalai and diced gulab jamun topped with sweet ‘
boondi‘ was a true sweettooth’sdelight. This will definitely give you a sugar rush.
LET US KNOW HOW MUCH WILL YOU RATE THE PLACE?
I was invited for a complimentary food tasting event. This blog is a narrative of my experience at the event. These are my views that I have expressed. Others are most welcome to agree or disagree with the same.The blog is not personally or commercially influenced. I have not lifted, copied or plagiarised it from any source either. However, I have done my due diligence via publicly available information on the internet and as shared by the client/PR agency. All rights reserved.